VOCES DE LA FRONTERA ACTION
1027 S 5th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Tel: (414) 643-1620 Fax: (414) 643-1621
Voces de la Frontera Action is looking for dynamic individuals to assist in our voter mobilization efforts for the November 6th Presidential election.
JOB TITLE: Temporary Canvasser
HOURLY WAGE: $10, Mon.-Thurs. 3:30pm-7:30pm, Sat.-Sun. 1pm-5pm
1. Able to work under varied weather conditions
2. Be able to walk for an extended period of time
3. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well with a variety of people.
4. Bilingual English/Spanish, verbal and written
5. Supports the Voces de la Frontera Action mission.
CONTACT/SUPERVISOR: Juan Ruiz, Community/Electoral Organizer (414) 218-7115
JOB GOAL: To work with a team of canvassers in order to cover our targeted constituent base in Milwaukee’s south side with the goal of mobilizing the Latino vote during the Presidential election, in which we promote support for candidate Barack Obama.
1. Gather voter data/information from constituents
2. Complete a daily report about canvass results
3. Must be on time every day and record hours worked
4. Follow directions in regards to data collection
5. Write legibly
6. Maintain confidentiality of records and personal information obtained at doors at all times
7. Must contact Juan Ruiz at least two hours in advance if not able to work on a certain day
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position is temporary, beginning on Saturday, October 6 2012 and ending on Tuesday, November 6 2012. This is a grant funded position, specifically for electoral work.